Sunday, March 27, 2011

8 Wired The Big Smoke

Smokey Porter - 6.2% ABV
The anticipation of this fella meant that it only survived in my cellar for about two weeks before getting the call up.
A lot of good porters have a smoky aroma to them, but unsurprisingly this has a particularly smoky nose and sincerely delivers on the promise it makes. 
This porter dives straight into the territory that so many great porters have chartered with an aniseed hit followed closely by a chocolate malt flavour. This sweetness provides the balance across the board. 
The Big Smoke finishes with a big bitterness, but this does recede with a little bit of temperature. 
The brewers form NZ are producing some lovely beers, and as I progress through the selection that is available from 8 Wired I am learning that this is becoming a brewery that must be monitored. 
Slowbeer shall seize some more of my money as I intend to sample some more of the offerings from 8 Wired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment