Thursday, March 17, 2011

Murray's Wild Thing

Imperial Stout - 10% ABV.


You know my thoughts on the Murray’s brews. I’m biased. Murray’s bring the nice. 
I was standing in Slowbeer. I had to purchase twelve beers to capitalize on the 10% reduction offer. You all know how it is. 
After the first two beers I selected I saw the WIld Thing from Murray’s. Costing $15 I thought “No, I won’t. There are ten others I can get before I need to resort to this beast.” Three others were selected. I glanced back at the Wild thing. It called to me. Four more beers went into the basket and I picked up some treats for $4.50 each. Compared to $15 each of these were bargains. Two more beers were painstakingly chosen from the vast array of beers on offer from Slowbeer. Now I was to collect my last beer. Easy right? Not when the call from the dark side is so strong. The selection? Murray’s Wild Thing Imperial Stout. 
Okay, on to the beer:
Straight off the bat the Wild Thing pours like a thick, wondrous, pitch black bottle of velvet-like joy. It made me excited just to pour this from the bottle to the glass. 
It smells like a sweet, malty, beer that reminds you the reason that you like dark beer in the first place. (Unless you don’t, in which case forget it. This comment wasn’t meant for you. Don’t butt in. Please.)
This is one of the premier Imperial Stouts in Australia. So impressive and enjoyable. It’s one of the beers that comes along every now and then where every sip that you have is just as enjoyable as the last one. 
The colour of this beer is a wonderful, pitch black. I mean proper black. Hold it up to the Sun and you still can’t see through it. 
It tastes like the loveliest, sweetest, stout that you’ve had in a long time. This is even more true when considering only Australian beers. Absolutely fantastic, creamy, perfectly balanced stout that disguises the 10% ABV level like the best of them. Be careful, my friends.
Murray’s Wild Thing Imperial Stout will make any beer lover happy. Trust me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment